Friessen Development and Van Buskirk Companies, who are working together to develop the largest lifestyle center in South Dakota, would ask you to take a drive out to Lake Lorraine near 26th Street and Marion Road. When you get there you will find a bustling 85+ acre construction site, where heavy equipment is busy transforming the area around the lake into a regional destination unlike any other.
Phase I of the Lake Lorraine Lifestyle Centre involved the completion of two fully occupied Marketplace malls along Marion Road. Phase II is now underway, bringing with it the promise of national retailers, The Shoppes at Lake Lorraine, the Westlake Lorraine Office Building and the completion of a third Marketplace mall, among other projects.
While Van Buskirk Companies is not yet at liberty to reveal all of the names of the national retailers who will be leasing the 168,000 square feet of space in the fall of 2017, they are pleased to announce that Hobby Lobby will be relocating and expanding from their existing location on West 41st Street. While the prototype Hobby Lobby store is 55,000 square feet, this new Hobby Lobby, when completed, will contain 70,000 square feet of space.
“In addition to building on Hobby Lobby’s great brand in South Dakota, we are excited about the forthcoming announcements of new national retailers to Sioux Falls,” said Steve Van Buskirk, Director of Land Development for Van Buskirk Companies, who is co-developing the area with Friessen Development. “Attracting these retailers to the area was part of the master plan. Things are really starting to come together and we are moving ahead with our next big phase.”
Additional details on the Lake Lorraine Lifestyle Centre include:
* The construction of over 100,000 square feet of retail space at The Shoppes at Lake Lorraine. This area features a “main street” style design with space for boutiques, restaurants and services. Leasing options are now available with spaces ready for occupancy in 2017. This area will feature a mixture of local retailers who will bring exceptional goods and services to the community.
* Over 25,000 square feet of professional office space featuring unparalleled water views and access to all Lake Lorraine has to offer. The West Lake Office Building will be complete in 2017, and leasing options are now available.
* Grand Living at Lake Lorraine, scheduled for completion next spring. The prestigious senior living complex is now taking reservations.
* Construction of a third Marketplace mall will complete the trio of Marketplace Buildings along Marion Road in the spring of 2017. Current mall occupants include: Anytime Fitness, Sioux Falls Lighthouse, Sandbar Restaurant, Mainstream Boutique, Cornerstone Eye Clinic, The Cutting Edge Men’s Salon and Westside Chiropractic.
* Construction of Prairie Creek Pet Hospital, to be completed late this year.
* Construction of Carsforsale.com, the company’s corporate headquarters, is well underway with a modern campus boasting 8.5 lakeside acres and will be home to over 170 employees.
* The Shores at Lake Lorraine, currently under construction. The townhome community features lakeside amenities and an upscale feel and will be ready for occupancy in 2017.
* A Lake Lorraine retailers group has formed with plans to hold monthly special events and promote the area as a regional destination. Along with this, the Lake Lorraine website has been launched at www.lakelorrainesiouxfalls.com and a Lake Lorraine Facebook page has been created.
“We are set to push through the winter and make huge progress on Phase II for next year,” said Van Buskirk. “Besides all the building construction, we’ll also be creating the walking paths, picnic areas and green spaces that will be the hallmark of Lake Lorraine. It’s going to be something very special.”